SHOW ME/ TELL ME QUESTIONS – Helping hand all the way, from beginner to advanced driver …Ron Eardley Driving School can help you!
1. The examiner will ask you one.
Tell me question where you explain.
How you would carry out a safety task at the start of a test before you start driving.
Show me question.
Show how you would carry out a safety task while you are driving.
2. Show me questions
1. When it is safe to do so.
Can you show me how you wash and clean the rear window.
2. When it is safe to do so.
Can you show me how you would wash and clean the front windscreen.
3. When it is safe to do so.
Can you show me how you’d switch on your dipped headlights.
4. When it is safe to do so.
Can you show me how you’d switch on the rear demister.
5. When it is safe to do so.
Can you show me how you’d operate the horn.
6. When it is safe to do so.
Can you show me how you’d demist the front windscreen.
7. When it is safe to do so.
Can you show me how you’d open and close the side window.
3. Tell me questions
1. Tell me how you’d check that the breaks are working before a journey.
Brakes should not feel slack or spongy, press brakes as you move off,vehicle should not pull to one side.
2. Tell me where you’d find the tyre pressures for this car ,how the check them.
Owners manual ,use a reliable pressure gauge,check and adjust when cold,check spare replace valve caps,
3. Tell me how you would adjust the head rest for best protection in an accident.
Eyes and ears should meet the middle of the head rest. as close to the neck as comfortable.
4. Tell me how you check the tyre tread depth,and condition to use on the road.
No cuts or bulges,1.6mm of tread depth across the central three-quarters of the tyre round the full outer circumference.
5. Tell me how you check the headlights/tail lights are working you dont exit car.
Explain you’d switch lights on then walk round car ,turn ignition on if necessary.you don’t leave car.
6. Tell me how you know if there is a problem with anti-lock breaking system.
Warning light would come on.
7. Tell me how you’d check indicators are working.You don’t go out the car.
Operate the hazard warning switch walk round car and check .
8. Tell me how to check the brake lights are working
Press brake pedal use reflective window/door or ask someone to help .
9. Tell me how you’d check power steering is working before a journey.
Steering should not be heavy ,When you turn on the ignition move the steering wheel slightly it should be light if it is or becomes heavy it has a fault and should be seen to by a reliable garage,try this before you move off.
10.Tell me how to switch on the rear fog lights and explain when you use them .
Turn on dipped headlights operate switch check warning light is on .Explain you don’t use them until visibility is less than 100 meters.
11. Tell me how you’d switch you’r head lights from dipped to main beam.
Operate switch check for main beam warning light.
12. Open bonnet and tell me how to check oil .
Identify dipstick, check for oil level it should be between maximum and minimum closer to maximum.
13. Open bonnet and tell me how to check for engine coolant.
High and low markings on tank keep nearer the high .If low top up with water and antifreeze .Only do when engine is cold.
14. Open bonnet check for a safe level of brake fluid .
Check reservoir check high and low markings.
Book your driving lessons with Ron Eardley Driving School, we take advance bookings!
…SECURE YOUR DATE NOW ..
If you want to book a driving lesson with us then txt “LESSON” to 07765 248 429